Our contact details
Well Care Cornwall Ltd.
Address: Tremough Innovation Centre, Penryn, Cornwall, TR10 9TA
Designated Data Protection Officer: Jacob Wells
What type of information we have?
· Your name, home address, date of birth and contact details (including your telephone number, email address) and emergency contacts (i.e. name, relationship and home and mobile numbers and data information).
· Your allergies and any medical, physical or mental conditions and in particular your care needs.
· Your likes, dislikes and lifestyle preferences (including your religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature and wishes and preferences with your care (so far as they relate to providing you with suitable care).
· Key codes & entry system information.
How we get the information and why we do we have it
· Your allergies and any medical, physical or mental conditions and in particular your care and support needs, from any appropriate external social or health care professionals (including your GP).
· Your name, home address, date of birth, contact details, needs assessments and financial assessments from any appropriate external social or health care professionals (including any relevant public body regardless of whether you are publicly funded).
· Your likes, dislikes and lifestyle preferences (including your religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, racial or ethnic origin so far as they relate to providing you with suitable care) from your family, friends and any other person you have nominated as your representative.
· Your Attorney or Deputy (if applicable).
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information are:
· Article 6(1)(b) – processing is necessary for the performance of our contracts to provide individuals with care and support services.
· Article 6(1)(c) – processing is necessary for us to demonstrate compliance with our regulatory framework and the law.
· Article 9(2)(h) – processing is necessary for the provision of social care or the management of social care systems and services.
As the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data and special category data (such as your health).
What we do with the information
· Prepare, review and update a suitable support plan describing the nature and level of support services which you have requested we supply to you.
· To communicate with you, your representatives and any appropriate external social or health care professionals about your individual needs and personalise the service delivered to you.
· Make reasonable adjustments, when required, to meet your individual needs and to ensure we have suitable facilities to ensure your safety.
· Invoice you for the support services in accordance with our terms and conditions.
· Carry out quality assurance procedures, review our service and improve our customer experience.
· Record information on our web based care management system to accordingly record phone calls, etc.
· We regularly share your medical information with appropriate external social or health care professionals (including your GP and pharmacist) and any individuals you have nominated as your representative. This data sharing enables us to establish the type of care support you need. It also allows us to design the right care package to suit your individual circumstances, including if (in future) you decide to receive care from an alternative provider.
· We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by law. This includes information required by public bodies to evidence our compliance with the applicable regulatory framework. We are also required to share personal information with external social or health care professionals, including public bodies and local safeguarding groups (in some circumstances) to ensure your safety.
· We will not share, sell or trade your personal information with any other third party.
· The provision of your medical, physical or mental condition is necessary to enable us to create a support plan and to provide you with suitable support services. Without this information, we will not be able to assess your support needs or provide any support services to you.
· The provision of your name, home address is required so that we can arrange a care worker to attend your home to deliver the services and so that we can invoice you for the fees.
· We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored electronically in addition to Well Care Cornwall offices
· We will hold the personal information kept within your client file for 10 years as required by law.
· We will hold the personal information kept within our feedback procedure for 1 year so that we can identify trends and patterns in our service.
Your data protection rights
Under the GDPR you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
· Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information.
· Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address.
· Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold.
· Require the erasure (i.e. deletion) of personal information concerning you, in certain situations. Please note that if you ask us to delete any of your personal information which we believe is necessary for us to comply with our contractual or legal obligations, we may no longer be able to provide care and support services to you.
· Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
· Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing.
· Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
· Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information.
· Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
· Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
Well Care Cornwall
Tremough Innovation Centre, Penryn, Penryn, England TR10 9TA, United Kingdom
Copyright 2022 Well Care Cornwall, ALL RIGHTS RESE